I started getting into living steaming on twitch.tv after watching Jeff Fritz and discovering that my team at Auth0 was interested in experimenting with it. Jeff has a great write up about his streaming setup here and updated here.
You can find my twitch channel here.
It is common for streamers to be asked what they are using to produce their stream. This post documents the hardware, software and services I am currently using.
This is a complete list of the hardware that can been seen on my desk while streaming. Some of these items were provided by work, some purchased for gaming in other contexts and a couple just for streaming.
- 15" 2017 Mac Book Pro 2.8GHz i7 with 16 GB ram
- Acer Predator 34" Ultrawide QHD
- Left Handed Razer DeathAdder 3500
- Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
- Logitech Brio Ultra HD Webcam
- Anker 10 Port Data Hub USB3.0
- Elgato Stream Deck
- Elgato Green Screen
This is a complete list of the audio equipment I have setup. Some of this was pre-existing and used for Guitar.
- Audioengine D1 Digital to Analog Converter
- Audioengine A5+ Speakers
- Audioengine S8 Subwoofer
- Tascam US-2x2 Audio Interface
- Line 6 AMPLIFi TT Signal Processor
- Line 6 Relay G50 Wireless System
- Line 6 FBV Express MkII Foot Controller
- Audio-Technica AT2020 XLR Microphone
- Rode PSA1 Swivel Mount Microphone Boom Arm
- Microphone Shock Mount with Pop Filter
- Beats Studio Wireless Headphones
While streaming you will see me using or video, images, and sounds produced using the following software.
Currently I am using the following services to provide stream functionality.
Here is a list of developer twitch streams that I have found friendly, helpful and a great source of inspiration. If I am not currently streaming, I am probably hosting these folks.
This represents the hardware, software, services and folks I have taken inspiration from as of the 28th of January 2019. Of course I have a whole list of things I want to add to my setup. If things change with any significance, I will update.